About Art Hamilton
THE ART HAMILTON GROUP
The Art Hamilton Group assists local, state and national organizations with navigating political processes in order to move their organizations closer to their goals. The Art Hamilton Group combines strategic thinking, tactical solutions, and trusted relationships to achieve concrete results.
TEST, TRUSTED AND PROVEN
The Art Hamilton Group uses tested and proven strategies in order to meet our clients’ needs. We don’t need to push our agendas or build our reputation, that’s already been accomplished. Instead we rely on trusted relationships through all levels of government and business, coupled with proven methodologies for creating remarkable results. We choose not to look at the problems but to the opportunities presented to us. The team at The Art Hamilton Group knows from experience that with enough work and the right thinking great things can be accomplished.
MORE ABOUT ART HAMILTON
Art Hamilton is the founder of the firm The Art Hamilton Group, LLC. Prior to the founding of the firm in 2008, Art Hamilton served 26 years in the Arizona House of Representatives, with 18 consecutive years as the Democratic leader in the Arizona House. Because of his dedicated service and superior leadership, Art was acknowledged by the Arizona Republic, in 2008, as being one of the ten best modern legislators in Arizona history.
A groundbreaker and a leader, Art was the first African-American and only Arizonan to be elected President of the National Conference of State Legislatures. NCSL represents all 50 state legislatures, 4,400 state legislators, and 30,000 legislative staff members in their dealings with the federal government. Art continues to serve as a member of NCSL’s Foundation on State Legislatures. Art led the NCSL task force to re-write state policies on how state governments deal with families and individuals wrestling with problems of the developmentally disabled.
Before founding The Art Hamilton Group, LLC, Art was a founding partner of another public relations firm. He also served as a senior public affairs representative at the Salt River Project (SRP), a Phoenix based water and electric utility company, from where he retired after 34 years of service.
Some of Art’s accomplishments and recognitions include:
- State Legislative Leaders Foundation – Founding member
- Democratic National Committee – Former member
- 1996 Democratic National Convention – Delegate
- Arizona State Bar Board of Governors – Appointed by the Arizona Supreme Court and served two terms as an at-large (non-lawyer) member
- Labor’s Community Service Agency for Maricopa County – Former member of the Board of Directors
- Phoenix Children’s Hospital – Former member of the Board of Directors where he chaired the Board’s Committee on Advocacy of Government Relations.
- International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, Local #266 – Member in good standing for 35 years
- Maricopa County branch of the NAACP – Life Member
- Murphy School District in 1985 - Named one of its elementary schools the Arthur M. Hamilton School, a continuing source of great pride in the Hamilton family.
- Phoenix Sky Harbor Aviation Advisory Board - Current member and past chairperson.
Art is a native of Phoenix, Arizona and was educated at Carl Hayden High School and Phoenix College. He has three children and four grandchildren and resides in Phoenix.